|Public Procurement in Japan : an Outline|
|EU-Japan EPA and public procurement|
|Preparations for tendering|
|Tender Monitoring & Information|
|Ask the expert|
|Questions & answers|
Government – or Public - Procurement is another way of entering the Japanese market. With an estimated 550 billion euros, Japanese public procurement - supplying goods and services to government organisations – largely remains an untapped market for European companies, in particular SMEs, despite of the fact that the Japanese government provides different types of tendering that may be interesting to European companies. But access to the public market has remained quite difficult for foreign companies.
The Japan Tax & Public Procurement (JTPP) Helpdesk provides a range of services in the area of public procurement to lessen the hurdles that might impede European companies from entering this market.
SERVICES OFFERED BY JTPP HELPDESK
The JTPP Helpdesk offers the following free services:
- Information Inquiry Service, with first reply within 5 business days;
- Ask-the-expert service, offering first-line advice on your more complex inquiries, and if necessary liaising with relevant experts;
- PP Supplier Qualification Application Support Service;
- Practical guides and checklists;
- Information-clearing house on public procurement;
- Webinars provided by experts in the field;
- Tender call monitoring services (Limited);
- Twitter news service.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Of the 78.000 companies who possessed PP Supplier Qualifications in 2011 only 264 were foreign companies
- EU-headquartered enterprises active in PP are found in particular in sectors where innovative state-of-the-art technology is needed, such as medical and scientific equipment.
- More than a quarter of the competitive calls has only one bidder (2007-2012).
Through the above-mentioned services, the JTPP Helpdesk strives to support European SMEs in their endeavours to enter the public procurement (PP) market in Japan. Entering the Japanese PP market is not without its challenges: - procedures tend to be complex and time-consuming and the language barriers and lack of information usually exacerbate these. JTPP Helpdesk aims to lessen these difficulties by providing practical information and support at the various stages in the public procurement process.
JTPP HELPDESK WEBSITE
The JTPP Helpdesk website aims to provide up-to-date, comprehensive and practical information about PP opportunities, procedures and other information relevant to public procurement in Japan. The practice of public procurement is however very diverse, and therefore these pages will be in continuously developed further. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please get in touch with us through our Ask-the-Expert service.