Lean Café - sharing lean thinking in a friendly atmosphere
The EU-Japan Centre invites you to join us at our virtual Lean Café. We meet monthly (via Zoom) to discuss and share lean thinking. There are no participation costs, but you do need to sign up in advance. 466 people have joined the first 10 Lean Café sessions.
Our next session...
Details to be confirmed
We are currently planning future sessions of the Lean Café and when they are confirmed we will post details of them on this page and also let anyone who has registered with the Café know. Please let us know, if you might be open to a discussion about possibly presenting at a future session or would like to be added to the Lean Café mailing-list.
For details of past Lean Café discussions please click here. Previous Lean Cafés featured Mondelēz International; CNH Industrial; SpoluWorks and Effectivity; Lyreco UK & Ireland; the Irish National Treasury Management Agency; Opex Performance Solutions Ltd; Tetra Pak; Shinka Managament; Jaguar Land Rover Limited and the Toyota Lean Management Centre.
How the Lean Café works
- Each Café sitting begins with a presentation on a specific topic and ends with a discussion where you can give your feedback, ask questions or share your experiences.
- It is moderated by Prof. Richard Keegan (Adjunct Professor of Lean Operational Excellence, Trinity Business School) - the EU-Japan Centre's Lean Advisor.
- The Lean Café is organised approximately once a month, if you would like to be sent details of our future Café sessions and our Lean in Europe visits, please email us.
Other resources to help you on your lean journey
- Our World-Class Manufacturing course in Japan - week-long training missions, providing an in-depth analysis of Japanese manufacturing methodology, consisting of lectures, workshops and visits to some of the world’s most advanced Japanese factories in order to understand the real "Gemba" (production site), talk directly with their production managers and observe the effective implementation of manufacturing methods. The next WCM mission will take place from 15-19 November 2021.
- Our Lean Masterclass - a series of 8 video lectures by Richard Keegan, recorded in 2016 and focus on "Getting things done". In addition to watching/downloading the lectures you can also request copies of the presentation material and various publications written by Richard.
- Our Lean in Europe visits - in-depth visits to European plants to discuss best practice, facilitate the sharing of ideas and networking and to inspire their participants along their companies' lean journeys and to provide valuable feedback to the host companies. Currently suspended, we hope to re-start the visits in late 2021 / early 2022.